The Swiss watch brand ramped up its involvement in the ITS event this year by creating a new category that challenges young designers and artists to present the brand as seen from their own eyes.
Eight outstanding creative minds have been tasked with determining the ultimate Swatch visionary. The international jury members are:
- Post-modern pop star Mika and his sister Yasmine Penniman, born in Beirut and raised in Paris and London, have been creating artwork and designing together for the past eleven years. In 2013, they created an eye-catching Swatch Art Special that has become a favorite of Swatch fans around the world.
- Gianluigi Colin is both an artist and the art director of “Corriere della Sera”. He lives and works in Milan and for many years has been involved in artistic research focused on the connection between images and word.
- Sebastian Fischenich, born in Germany and now living in Switzerland, earned his diploma in design at the University of the Arts in Berlin after studying product and fashion design in Berlin and Utrecht, NL. In 2008, he created his own perfume brand, Humiecki & Graef, which he co-owns and supports as creative director.
- Eva & Adele are contemporary artists based in Berlin whose work is exhibited in galleries and museums in Europe and around the globe. They claim to have landed their time machines in Berlin after the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. Wherever they are is a museum.
- Juri Steiner is a Swiss curator who is incredibly active in the worlds of literature and the arts. He served as director of the Paul Klee Center in Bern for several years and was responsible for the re-launch of the Cabaret Voltaire in Zurich.
- Maria Eugenia Alberti from Spain is the publisher of Joyce Magazine, which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2015. She had previously been the first director of Vogue Spain and for 14 years she served as the director of Dunia’s Magazine, which played an important role for women in Spain in the late 1970s.
- Carlo Giordanetti was named Creative Director of Swatch Ltd. in October 2012, responsible for a unified brand identity across product, communications and store design.